Sunday, January 13, 2008

After work, I go to Kinko's, then to the gym. At Kinko's, I post a complaint to the postal inspector about my missing merchandise. At the gym, I find that my lock isn't in my bag, so I use one of the $0.50 lockers. When I get back, someone has posted an out of order sign on it ("This piece of equipment is not in working order."). Nothing appears wrong with the locker.

When I get home, the missing delivery is sitting on the stairway, where the mail normally goes. In front of my bedroom door are three other deliveries. One is my other order from amazon.com, apparently intact. The others are from Dell Computer. Upon opening the Dell deliveries, I find that they have filled my order incorrectly. I have ordered a motherboard, installation instructions, a DVD/CD drive, a keyboard, and a carrying case. They have sent me two motherboards without installation instructions, and a keyboard.

On Saturday, I call Dell. I spend half an hour with them while they put me on hold to conduct "research" and pass me off to one another. After 30+ minutes, they are about to pass me off to a third person. I tell them I don't have time and hang up. At various points in the conversation, they misstate my order as having two keyboards and no DVD/CD drive, they tell me that my order has shipped correctly, they tell me that I have to return the motherboard (but not how to do that), they tell me that the DVD/CD drive has been delivered, and later that the drive has been delivered "to the carrier".

The people I was with the day before told me that they would be meeting that day to see "The Violin" at the Roxie. I find out later that the Violin is not showing at the Roxie this week.

No comments: